Latest Episodes of Talking Drupal.
Talking Drupal #348 – A Website’s Carbon Footprint – Talking Drupal
Today we are talking about A Website’s Carbon Footprint with Gerry McGovern. http://www.talkingDrupal.com/348 Topics Earth day What is a carbon footprint How do websites contribute How can you calculate your site’s impact Cloud vs dedicated hosting How do you determine a vendor’s impact Small sites VS FAANG How to improve your site Resources World Wide Waste podcast Chats with Gerry McGovern and guests about digital sustainability and Earth Experience Design Book How is your website impacting the planet? How green is your site? Sustainable Design Tom Greenwood: Sustainable Web Design Make greener design choices for better experiences and a healthier planet. https://abookapart.com/products/sustainable-web-design Macarthur foundation Circular Economy Guests Gerry McGovern – gerrymcgovern.com @gerrymcgovern Hosts Nic Laflin – http://www.nLighteneddevelopment.com @nicxvan John Picozzi – http://www.epam.com @johnpicozzi Chris Wells – redfinsolutions.com – @chrisfromredfin MOTW Config Pages At some point I was tired of creating custom pages using menu and form API, writing tons of code just to have a page with an ugly form where a client can enter some settings, and as soon as a client wants to add some interactions to the page (drag&drop, ajax etc) things starts to get hairy. The same story was with the creation of dedicated CT just to theme a single page (like homepage) and explaining why you can only have 1 node of this type, or force it programmatically.
- Talking Drupal #348 – A Website’s Carbon Footprint
- Talking Drupal #347 – GitLab CI
- Talking Drupal #346 – Open Source Compensation
- Talking Drupal #345 – Live from DrupalCon
- Talking Drupal #344 – OTC – Cypress, New tools and more
- Talking Drupal #343 – Marketing Automation with Mautic
- Talking Drupal #342 – Acquia Code Studio
- Talking Drupal #341 – Mentoring at DrupalCon
- Talking Drupal #340 – Storybook
- Talking Drupal #339 – Smart Date